– It makes sense to clean up after yourself, says Associate Professor Rebecca Allen in this episode.
Carbon capture and storage (CCS) can be an important solution to reach our goals in the Paris agreement. Rebecca Allen from Canada has done research on CCS. In this episode you will get a good explanation on how we can store carbon and why Norway is special within this field.
- Norsk teknologi kan redde verden (Dagbladet): https://www.dagbladet.no/kultur/norsk-teknologi-kan-redde-verden/72027238
- Norwegian Petroleum Directorate’s (NPD) «CO2 storage atlases» of potential storage sites along the Norwegian Continental Shelf: https://www.npd.no/en/facts/publications/co2-atlases/
- Main page for the NCCS (Norwegian Carbon Capture and Storage) project: https://www.sintef.no/nccs/
- CO2 data share portal (includes data from the Sleipner CO2 injection project): https://co2datashare.org/
- Stefan Bachu’s review on CO2 storage capacity estimates: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S1750583615000146?via%3Dihub
- Nilsen et al. 2017 paper that used the Sleipner benchmark data and performed a type of model calibration: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1876610217316727?via%3Dih